Subject: The Simple Things Do Matter
Attn: The 686 Community
I hope you’re doing well despite the ever-changing landscape of today. COVID-19 is real and we’re all dealing with it our own ways. Our position at 686 is to continually move forward in best practices with the mindset that our community comes first.
Running an independent small business for the past 28 years has taught us to continually persevere in the most interesting times. This determination to do good and help others is at the top of our list. We are striving to create safety not only physically by distancing ourselves, but also through online safe spaces for our community to discuss their thoughts, emotions and feelings and uplift each other through this.
What we’re doing:
- We are promoting Social Distancing and our staff is now working remotely. We are allowing them safe space to socially distance and time to be with their families.
- Our customer service will continue to operate remotely and will function as normal, but if you do experience any issues, please be mindful of the person on the other end.
- Our e-commerce store is opening and shipping under best safe practice and responsibility guidelines.
- Our professional team of skiers and snowboarders have stopped filming and chosen to responsibly distance themselves as well as ensure they stay injury-free and out of the hospital during these times when every hospital bed and staff member needs to be considered.
- We are committed to continuing to support our staff, athletes and partners as we work together as a global community.
The positive thing that everyone is going through this and everyone also has the power to get past this. When it’s all said and done, it will prove that we can overcome anything.
The 686 family of employees, reps, distributors, retailers, athletes, testers, ambassadors and suppliers thank you for the continued support.
Peace and love,
Michael Akira West
Founder and CEO
We’re in this Together